Board index General Toyota Prius Forums 2004-2009 Second Generation Prius Forum 2007 Prius warning signs & all dash lights on, won't start

2007 Prius warning signs & all dash lights on, won't start

Discuss issues specific to the 2004-2009 Prius here (codename NWH11)

2007 prius won't start, no ready light, VSC,ABS,SLIP insicator ON and big red triangle

This happened to me this morning. Drove Prius to work as usual yesterday. and this morning nothing. Couldn't get car to shift into neutral either. nothing working. even tried putting key fob in the key hole and still nothing.

Please advise! :-)

Sponsored Ads

Aaron User avatar
Site Admin

Take it to a qualified Prius mechanic, one with experience. This sounds like a pretty major failure, although I'm not sure what with. Do you have a trouble code reader so you can get the codes?
Current: 2013 Plug-in PHV Prius - Sea Glass Pearl (green) - ~6,000 miles
Mods: Lower door moldings, HomeLink rearview mirror, Body side moldings, 3M paint protection film

Previous: 2008 Toyota Prius - Barcelona Red - 48,775 miles
Mods: Tinted windows, 3M clear bra protection, Leather steering wheel (OEM)

No i don't have a code reader. I was going to try to jump the 12v regular battery later today. was trying to avoid service. but if jumping it doesn't work sounds like that's my only optioin. :(

Aaron User avatar
Site Admin

Please read the owners manual on the proper way to jump start the vehicle, you don't just hook up booster cables to the 12V battery!

I wonder if the problem isn't a dead 12V battery... it's tough when you can't read the codes, you really don't know where to begin the diagnosis. If you decide to replace the battery as a troubleshooting step, I strongly recommend you get an OEM one from the dealership, regardless of cost.

If I was you, I'd get my hands on a code reader ASAP and get the codes out of there. That should give you a bit of direction. Secondly, I'd replace the 12V battery with a new Toyota one. Then go from there...
Current: 2013 Plug-in PHV Prius - Sea Glass Pearl (green) - ~6,000 miles
Mods: Lower door moldings, HomeLink rearview mirror, Body side moldings, 3M paint protection film

Previous: 2008 Toyota Prius - Barcelona Red - 48,775 miles
Mods: Tinted windows, 3M clear bra protection, Leather steering wheel (OEM)

Hello

I just read your post about being unable to start your Prius while several signs lighting up, including the red warning triangle, hopefully you have solved the problem by now. My car suffered today the same problem; do you know what the problem was and maybe how to solve it?

EDIT

It was only a flat 12v battery :mrgreen:
[/color]

Return to 2004-2009 Second Generation Prius Forum